It's my birthday




Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new. So here is my chance... 

My birthday alarm has rang and its my 32nd birthday and not the first one that I am away from my parents and siblings,  thankfully I am not alone.  I do have my husband and my munchkin with me... 



Birthday is special for me not because  I was born on that particular day but to celebrate the journey. My journey from a carefree daughter and intimidating sister to conscientious wife and sensible mom. It has been a long tiring journey from who I once was to the person I have grown up to be. 

Times goes so fast that it seems  like yesterday when I was playing with my siblings. Time has its own pace and I don't have complaints.  But surely iImiss playing with my siblings interestingly I still play, only companion changed. 

I may have turned 32 but I am same age that of my son.  Yes, 3+2=5... All thanks to my son who keeps reminding that i am still a child at heart. I play with my son forgetting what my age restricts. 

He is back from school, running here and there waiting... He is so excited for the evening that he planned the whole birthday party. He gave his check list... 
Party✅
Cake✅
Candles ✅
Pizza✅
Balloons ❎
Noise ❎
 He is all geared up to hijack the knife, blow the candles and cut the cake.  Thank God he didn't demand gift for himself.. Lol... 

The things that make my day special is the love every one shows by calling and wishing.  

Calls from every family member, friends messages but the most special is my husband's surprise... Yes surprise...about which he keeps reminding me.. "I have a surprise for you". :) 

His surprise hasn't changed in many years,  the same surprise he plans on every birthdays  and on anniversaries..lol..he brings cake and something to eat way back home from office .. I love it because its never the surprise that matters its his presence and little effort to bring smile on my face that I cherish  the most. 

This year was special, have had good times, as well as bad, I have had days when I was happy, and others, when I've been sad. But the storms didn't bother me. The good times and the memories overshadow the bad ones... 

When I stare at the mirror I realise many years have gone,  its clearly visible.. Many wonderful years and many wasted too. I do have regrets for the mistakes but I can't change what's gone. I have grown wise because of the lessons that every mistake taught. 

Best thing is I see me and not someone else in the mirror because I choose what I wanted and not what other expected me to do or be... 

 Life is short,  well how short... That's  a mystery... One thing I know is I am getting younger at heart with every passing year...


I am thankful to God to be blessed with loving family who loves and supports me, importantly accepts me with all my flaws... and not to forget  friends who remind me that I have a rocking life... Hope it keeps rocking!!!!

Growing old is nothing is like climbing stairs towards betterment... Self in making... 

So now I am excited to meet my better version.... 










5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday... God bless you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully mended into words..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dhanesh Chawla8/13/2017 12:31 pm

    बहुतअच्छा लिखा है 👍

    ReplyDelete