Blessed 13th...



Who is in favour of 13th to be unlucky??

The number 13 is synonymous with bad luck. It's considered unlucky to have 13 guests at a dinner party, many buildings don't have a 13th floor and most people avoid getting married or buying a house on a day marked by this dreaded number.

Well yesterday was 13th and was and can never be unlucky because it was Mother's day...




Mother's are the reflection of God, a blessing on earth- A blessing like no other...

How can a day to celebrate the blessing be unlucky...

Few days back I was sitting in front seat of our car and just before us two bikes collided and a family on one bike fell badly... The woman got up quickly and ran towards her daughter, picked her up and checked on her husband... The point here is that the woman might or might not have got hurt but the point is she forgot about her and ran toward the one she loved...  Thankfully everyone was fine with just minor scratches...

A woman is not a mother until she feels the divine connection which might not come by merely giving birth to a child. A connection that connects two minds which can understand the emotions, words even the silence, and two hearts that can feel others pain. She is the one who sacrifice part of her soul for the happiness of her child.

So I believe mother can be anyone who makes that connection it can be a elder sister, aunt... Motherhood is not a lable attached with sexuality, even single fathers can be good mothers means they can efficiently raise a child and play role of a mother.

There are some horrible mothers who thinks their child the biggest mistake, who throw away their newborns, those who doesn't have a slight idea what their child wants, those who give up their child for their desires and the what's pathetic about this category of mother's is that they like to call themselves "Independent" individual who wants to enjoy life to fullest and not want to waste their time raising kids.

I am really thankful to God that my mom is no where close to such category.

When you describe characteristics of a woman you'll mention individual attributes likes beautiful, practical, self reliant, adventurous, knowledgeable, emotional etc...But when you describe a mother the every single attribute mentioned will apply to every mother on this earth i.e. Loving, caring, patient, flexible, accepting, dedicated, generous, supportive, forgiving, sacrificing, trustworthy, understanding, helpful, balanced....etc.....

Well these are the qualities that comes to my mind, when I think of my mother. My mom is queen of hearts*(link given below) in our home so is the every other woman in theirs...because her heart beats in her body but for her family... She gives priority to her kids and family above her needs and desires...

*Queen of hearts


People often remark that I am just like my mom not just in looks but nature too... Many ways I am like her but still completely different...

I guess when you have a deep connection with someone you start imitating that person unintentionally or may be sometimes intentionally because you love them so much that you want be just like them...

Well the bond with my mom became strong when I was in her shoes..

My mom always says "she still remembers the moment when she first saw me. It was a magical moment. You will know this when you'll have your baby." I obviously don't remember anything about the day I was born but I always saw that magical moment through her sparkling eyes.

The moment I gave birth to my son and heard him cry, I wanted to feel the same magical experience. After hours of unconsciousness due to C section when I saw him sleeping beside me, I couldn't take my eyes off him. That surely was breathtaking moment. No matter what adjective(s) I use they will fall short to describe my true emotions. It was magnificent moment.

Its been almost 6 yrs but seems like yesterday,  I was holding him in my arms and now he is racing with me, challenging me, singing and telling stories.

Decision of being in her shoes wasn't nerve-racking as I have had a perfect example to follow who is and always by my side emotionally, spiritually and psychologically and there's a part of her within me too...

When I’m having a particularly difficult day as a mother, I think of my own mother who was able to find strength and power she didn’t know existed. Her strength gives me strength...

Luckily I got a chance to be with my mom on this Mother's day. It not like we celebrated or something but still it was fun sitting with her and talk.

By sitting here I mean running after her because whenever we get home she is always on work mode and making rounds in kitchen to make us lovely buffet as if she is trying to compensate for the missing days...

I am sharing my Dear dairy post from January, the last time I visited home...


Its seriously the toughest time when you have to say goodbye. The feeling when you leave your home after getting married and after many years of marriage is same only difference is you can cry ones heart out in first situation.

I only hope that she can feel the magnitude of my appreciation—not only for what she does for me now, but for all the years she sacrificed so that I could have a good life. She succeeded in more ways than she knows, and now she is helping shape me into the mother I always wanted to be.


4 comments: