Vow relationship




Love is the core of a relationship, like our heart is to the body. Once our heart stops, we die. Once love fades, the relationship begins to die. But here’s the thing; even though our heart is the core of our existence, to live a quality life, we need much more than the heart. We need all of our organs to function and importantly function well.

This post is about Relationship, love, marriage  and vows.



A relationship starts when there's love. Love gives you wings with which you can fly anywhere. It's good to trust the wings. But you cannot go and jump of a 20 story buildings just because you got wings you need to consider other things too like confidence, direction of wind, obstacles, weather.....etc...

That means you need much more than love to strengthen the relationship. I believe marriage is something that gives strength to love. It's a beautiful feeling when your whole family stands by your side to cherish your love. (I am an Indian and here in India marriage is an important institution, love relationships are accepted but many still face hardship, living relationship is considered as a heinous act and having a child without marriage is odious crime.)

Love conquers all but a relationship can not survive  the test of time depending only on love, it's not that simple it require lot of work, effort, care and commitment to endure and evolve.

First let me tell you, these are not my words but of my mom's. The time I got engaged my mom had her list mainly all the Do's and Don'ts. Surprisingly there were many suggestions that I already knew that I had learnt being a seeing learner. (By seeing my parents and grandparents.)

The two most important lesson that she gave,
# Its not the marriage that makes you happy, it's you who can make a happy marriage.
# A “perfect couple” is a happy couple that learns to enjoy each other’s differences and works together every day to create something special.

Today is the special day for me and my husband. 6 years back on this date our families came together for a celebration, our marriage.

Around this time, me and my husband (at that time my fiance) were sitting around fire where my father did my kanyandaan ( a ritual where father gives his daughter's hand in groom's hand) and then me and my husband walked around fire making vows to each other as per hindu rituals there are 7 pheras (rounds around fire) and with every round there is a vow. Fire is considered the divine witness to the marriage and its only after pheras couple is considered married.

So on this special day I thought of jotting down the vows that we made. Well I struggled and found it really difficult to be precise and write the 7 vows so I wrote everything I did and will continue doing till my last breathe. 

These vows are the secret behind a successful marriage. Well at least in my case I can say. I take them seriously and it always work for me. 


Vows that were never expressed verbally....But I mean every word by heart....I promise that I will
* Accompany you in troubles,
* Comfort you when in sorrow, 
* love you for what you are,
* love you unconditionally,
* Convince you when in doubt,
* take care of you in sickness,
* Give you hope when disappointed,
* Understand your options and decisions,
* Respect your uniqueness,
* Appreciate your efforts.
* Forgive you when something goes wrong,
* help you in overcoming fears,
* make you smile when black clouds surrounds you,
* Be Faithful to you and have faith in your love.
* Trust you to support me when roads get bit rough,
* Listens to you,
* Share my mind and soul,
* Support you in difficult times,
* Hold you when ever you stumble, 
* Encourage you with your dreams.
* Inspire you for bringing best in you.
* Stand by your side,
* Stay strong to face the challenges of married life,
* Shows strength by being honest,
* Create a home filled with laughter and patience,
* Provide delicious food,
* Support you in creating a better and peaceful life for our kids,
* Put effort to make relationship stronger,
* Grow old with you.

Life is not simple like writing a blog. It difficult but when you love someone and are being loved then hurdles doesn't seem to bother.

I am in jovial mood today and I wish every relationship be filled with love and happiness.

Enjoy Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment