Spring with a bang.





Spring is an amazing season and the thoughts that comes to mind are nature, colours, beautiful flowers, enchanting sounds.

Everybody would agree that God is a perfectionist, A true master of permutation and combination. He paints nature in bright vivid colors of red, blue, yellow, green, purple, Orange, pink and all the combinations you would not even dare to imagine and seeing the beauty I believe that he must be relaxed and convivial when he thought of making spring season.




Spring is definitely my favourite season because the beauty all around brings more chances to get outdoors and ramp up physical activity and the best part being the God's jovial mood that reflects on every ones face in form of a lovely smile.

There's one more reason why I love Spring season. Well I enjoy every season but when it reaches its peak I want it to end soon. It's only spring that I can enjoy all the time and never want it to end. A true example of perfection as per my perception. Change is another name of nature so I guess it's  more special because I eagerly wait for it.

Today, is just the perfect time to be in India. Time to welcome spring with a bang!

It's 7:00 AM in morning and A much awaited festival, a festival of colours is about to start. Holi! Festival of colours. ( Well it's not actually a one day celebration, but due to busy schedules, in most part of India it's confined to one day)

It's the wildly exuberant festival that's celebrated with pomp and gaiety.

With sun rising, an unheard sound of bigul marks the start of a war. A war that knows no destruction but is all about love.

It’s a Holi war and one has to arm himself. The weapons are the Colour powder (gulaal), water gun and water balloons. The feeling of war that no one shall be spared is mutual.

My memories of Holi are not that colourful.
I may not have stories to tell like friends chasing me with colours and dumping me in pool filled with coloured water or anonymous people applying grease or throwing eggs on head but I do enjoy the festival the way I like it.

My dad doesn't like toxic colours and till date he prefers a tilak (a spot of coloured powder on the forehead ), just as a religious symbol.

No matter how much my dad disliked colours he never refrained us from playing. It was always me, my mother, younger brother and sister who were excited about holi. ( Mom was more excited to be in kitchen tough. For her, happiness is serving us home made sweets. )

Dad kept himself busy with his play list of songs and making rounds in kitchen where mom was busy making kheer ( a dessert made with milk and rice and garnished with dry fruits) and we siblings were like in a different world with colours all over us, crazily dancing on the Bollywood songs.

It's been years but situation all same. The best part I still remember are like icing on the cake, the fragrance of kheer that engulfed the whole house, the madness and the fights for using bathroom first and when the arguments when went physical (not a serious boxing or wrestling match) we had a mediator to resolve the issue, our mom. Well calling her a referee would not be wrong or a lawyer as my dad always addressed her whenever she tried to defend us in front of him for our mistakes. Whatever name you give to her, whatever she did...always worked. Well another example of perfection.

Why fights??? Well, Playing is fun but being in wet clothes when you aren't allowed to roam in the house. do nothing but queue up for bath and taking out the colour from every nook and corner is one serious issue.

Years went on.... With time things changed from toxic colours to natural one, from small guns to big tank and designer guns, from wet holi to dry one, from single to married. But Holi remained same, sober yet fun filled.


Holi 2016....😊

For now, just like last year it's me with my excited husband and feverish kid. Feverish because he is showing not only frenetic excitement but also having fever. I hope everything goes fine.

You know best thing about festival, it's the liberty you take in moulding it as per your mood. It's up to you, what you want and how you want. You want to be part of fun, get out of the house. You want it wet or dry or just a simple tilak. It's completely your choice.

I personally love seeing people playing. Even as a kid I started the day peeking out of the window and see men racing on scooter, bikes, cars. Everything gets so colourful that after few hours everybody starts looking similar. Only part I didn't like was to see stray animals with colours. That's really something that spoils the mood. Otherwise everything is so positive that lifts the mood.

This Holi I make a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. In addition to love let there be colours of forgiveness, tolerance, kindness, generosity and respect.

Time for me to enjoy the festivities.....My son is so excited, got up early and now convincing his sleepy dad to start playing. 😊


Happy Colourful Holi everyone!

I would love to read your stories so don't forget to share in comments. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment