Perception about Nature.



The way we perceive the world is totally different from the way a young child perceives it.


This is the first ever Painting drawn by my 4 yrs old son.

You must be wondering what's so special about it. Every kid draws...some draw much better....

Well this picture obviously has more emotional value for me but the idea behind post is not to highlight the image but his perception... A perception of 4 yrs old innocent soul.

Recently we bought him his first ever sketch pens set. He was so eager to draw with the coloured pens and not his regular pencil that he started the moment he stepped in his room.

Seeing his level of excitement me and my husband decided to sit with him and see him draw. He drew few lines here and there first and then he decided to draw a scenery, he even started itcy-bitsy description. Hearing him was like seeing the world through his eyes.

If you see the picture you'll see birds, trees, mountain, river and a boat.

Seems normal....
Sounds normal....

Well here is the twist...

He drew only few birds...2 trees...1 boat and small area of river...

When I asked why so less...we weren't expecting any serious answer...but he replied, because
* he doesn't get to see birds much around.
* all trees have been cut to make house and road.
* water is less because of hot weather.
* less boats because of polluted water.

We were shocked to hear...we never knew he noticed things so seriously...he used to ask questions whenever we went out....

*Where is that bird going?
*Where they live??
*Why people are cutting trees??
*Why is it to hot today??
*Why is river water so black or
*Who threw these things in water??

We thought we were satisfying his curios mind but we never knew we were shaping his personality..

Last time my post relating to toilet day gave a sneak peek into his personality of being hygiene conscious...

I remember an incident when he was accompanying me to visit doctor, we were on foot and he gets fussy after walking short distance so I bought him a lolly pop. It took it mainly to give him after check up but he requested me to open it on the way. 

By the way, my son loves lolly pops.. It takes no time in eating and when he was done with it, he was curious where to throw the left over stick...

I took it and threw it in the pile of garbage on the roadside...suddenly he shouted back at me...."mummmyyy....why?? Why did you threw it..." 

I said it's the garbage that why...he said no...there was no dustbin...and you should never throw things on road.

He was so annoyed that he didn't talk to me for around half an hour even after my numerous apologies. He even complained to his dad about it. Somehow I convinced him not to repeat my mistake ever and he gave me a tight hug after that.

I understand if you too might think that he is bit too conscious, many people did say that its kind of disorder and it will grow with him but I believe it's one disorder we all need to have.

The who-cares and chalta-hai attitude has already pushed us into the gutter from where returning back seems like a nightmare. But there is still time to understand that there will be no future if we don't start caring. 

We all need to understand that Cleanliness is not only means about the cleanliness of body, it means about the cleanliness everywhere (cleanliness of body, mind, soul, home, surrounding, environment, river, and whole planet).

It is very necessary to be followed all through the life by everyone to really enjoy the nature’s beauty by living a healthy and fit life.

We can save tomorrow for the children....
Let us all save the earth together....

Let's Contribute our bit....and Save Earth...


No comments:

Post a Comment