Small Wonders.




Sadness, Worry, Anger, Guilt, Jealousy, Helplessness, Disappointment, Frustration and Stress.

Yes you got it right.... All these are the negative emotions. everyone can relate to these emotions that's because we all face these in our daily life.


We all try to ignore all the negative emotions and move on....suppressing or ignoring never helps. The truth is not hidden that they can take a heavier toll on our vitality. A stage comes when we start feeling demotivated, start loosing interest.

It wreak havoc not only on our health but also happiness and relationships ultimately leading to wounding us and may leave scars on soul.

Life offers us many things, it's on us who needs to identify those little things surrounding us.

Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Russian novelist and philosopher replied this beautifully, "The soul is healed by being with children."

In my view too, children are the best healer because they possess something that we all have lost or forgotten – the quality of innocence,they have a beautiful ability to find joy all around them.

Muhammad Ali once said, "Children make you want to start life over."

You don't need to give birth to child or be a parent. You can still experience the magic just imagine a child coming near you, talking to you and imagine a smile coming on your face. He/ She can be your nephew/niece, grandson/grandchild, can be living next door, friends child or a stranger playing in park.

The time when I first felt Magic:
My life changed 360° with the news of my pregnancy, it was like my Angel's magic dust that everybody showered love, bestowed blessings, gave suggestions and narrated their stories.

My mom said that "she still remembers the moment when she first saw me. It was a magical moment. You will know this when you'll have your baby." I obviously don't remember anything about that day but I always saw that magical moment through her sparkling eyes.

The moment I gave birth to my son and heard him cry, I wanted to feel the same magical experience. After moments of unconsciousness when I saw him sleeping beside me, I couldn't take my eyes off him. That surely was breathtaking moment. No matter what adjective's'  I use they will fall short to describe my true emotions. It was magnificent moment.

It been 5 yrs but seems like yesterday,  I was holding him in my arms and now he is racing with me, challenging me, singing and telling stories.

My Angel, My son, My teacher, My world.


With my little experience I realised, Having a kid around you is the best thing that can ever happen.

You just need to calm yourself down and start noticing small things in child that you might ignore being busy with your office work, working on laptop, or checking some file, doing paper work, or may be doing household chores, watching your favorite television serial or cricket match.

They teach us lessons in life just with their natural behavior.

Whenever you see a child, notice every single expression, their eye movement, just notice the way they observe a new thing, ask them about it and listen carefully every detail of it. Try to see the world from their eyes. How they get attached to things and find joy in every thing around them.

Simply giving attention you can learn things like I learnt from my son.

* Life is too short so... enjoy every moment. Live each day like it's your last.

* Be brave enough to Love unconditionally.:They don't want anything in return they will love you even if you don't buy them expensive toys or fashionable clothes. They love you for who you mean to them.

* Be truthful: even after doing mistakes they show courage, Like who drew on the walls? Who eat that chocolate I left on table? And and they'll explain the whole story as if you are from CBI...;)

* Don't let insecurities stop you from trying new things.

* Don't hide tears: tears are not a sign of weakness, they cry out loud just to forget everything wrong.

* Do what you love :do things that make you happy. Like they do whatever they want to. They'll take nap even in evening, eat when they want, draw anywhere they want. Play with kitchen utensils.

* Be strong to forgive: it's not easy to forgive someone. Ego in adults stop us to say a simple word SORRY....i.e. You got angry and said something to kid or forgot something he asked when you say sorry they will simply forgive you.

* Don't hold Grudges :even if you scold a child they never hold anything in their heart.

* Accept your mistakes : mistakes are part of life. No one is perfect. Accepting mistakes does not make you smaller than anyone.

* Never Give up : Giving up on anything will land you nowhere, You need to try n try again until you succeed.

* Rise after every fall : life is not easy, you'll find many hurdles in life, every jump won't land you on your feet sometimes you fall, don't get disheartened, Rise: Rise above your fears.

* Laugh out loud: loud from your heart. Until your whole body gets to know that you are Happy.

I had many flaws in my personality. I am not ashamed of accepting:
* I was extremely Shy,
* Too lazy to get up and do my own work,
* Hypersensitive,
* Impatient,
* Got Angry now and then,
* Got rude very often,
* Even hold grudges.
* Had bad mood swings.

I am not saying that I am perfect now but With the lessons learnt over period of time I feel like I am a new person... I am definitely an improved version of my past.

Child within me has jumped out...I may have forgotten my childhood but my childhood hasn't.

My child definitely healed my soul by helping me overgrow my weaknesses.


I just love:
* Singing Rhyme with him walking along the road,

*‌ Enacting his favourite Hansel and Gretel story (me being the wicked witch with wheezing voice) in the park,

‌* Play hide and seek in middle of a party.

‌* Running and chasing him until I am out of breath.

‌* Collect flowers, pebbles, leaves, sticks and play with them.

‌* Narrating his favourite monster stories with full loud expressions in a restaurant to make him smile and eat,

‌* Giving answers to all his questions when everybody around is eyeing us (like what is that aunty doing?, who is that uncle?, who's car is this?, why are we talking to aunty?, why is that dog following us?....),

‌* Asking for the free gifts that shopkeeper often  ignores.

*‌ Taking out my phone with superhero theme to attend a call, with Harry Potter ringtone.

*‌ Reading children's books like The Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and Alice in wonderland by Lewis Carroll and Panchtanta stories..

* Watching cartoons, Animated Movies....even watched same movie day after day....Monster Inc., Monster University, Hotel Transylvania, Spider Man, Harry Potter... Etc....etc...etc...

* Playing games tic-tac-toe, chess, Scrabble...

list doesn't end here...

To live like a child with a child is one of the greatest blessing that is bestowed upon you by Almighty God. .

Witness the magic through A soul with 2 sparkling eyes, 2 soft hands, 1 innocent heart and 1 babbling mouth. A magical touch work wonders.....

And to truly feel it from bottom of your heart you need to be a kid with a kid.

Let the child around you heal your soul from all those negative emotions. And please remember.........Child is like an unwritten book. You need to be careful with them.

Reliving Childhood is not bad but dont forget its their childhood. Life may have given you a second chance but it's their first hand experience. Don't try to make them what you failed to be.

Never try to heal your own childhood wounds. Something that was missing from your childhood, because that way you'll get releif but will leave the child feeling depressed. There little and innocent mind and heart will not be able to hold the burden of your dreams...

Spend time with them...
Play with them...
Sing with them....
Paint with them...
Dance with them....
Make them smile....
Give them your complete attention.

Their smiling face is the Magic.......Magic that will change you into a better person.


Take a Break....Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Childhood is a blissful period and it's beauty is that it draws both young and old towards itself forgetting the age differences which may be decades. I miss my kid a lot.

    ReplyDelete