Quissa




Last night I saw the trailer of the movie starring Irrfan Khan, Tisca Chopra and Tillotama Shome on Zindagi Channel................

It's was so depressing...............

No......no...

Don't take me wrong...




I am not criticising...

The trailer was so powerful that gave me goosebumps, I was depressed and lost in the theme of the movie which focuses on desire of a Sikh man towards having a son to continue the family lineage.

I love cinema...I love Bollywood movies... But somehow I missed this movie at time of its release...strange...my dad thinks I am encyclopedia of movies..he comes home and switch channels, his questions comes as rapid fire...which is this movie? Who's the actor? Actress? Is this good? ....I missed may be because it lacked heavy promotion like other commercial movies with so called big actors...strange for a movie lover like me...

The film was screened in Toronto International Film Festival 2013 where it won the Netpac Award for World or International Asian Film. 

I can't even imagine the life of a woman living with such a b*****d.

I have a son but I can still relate to it..when my son was born I met 2 ladies who were blessed with beautiful girl child. Nurses came and congratulated me for giving birth to a son and made remarks to other ladies, "Don't get disheartened, next time it will be a boy." I was shocked...and even more shocking were the tensed faces of the relatives of those ladies who wanted a male child...I was speechless...

I have friends who have girl child but are happy...friends who have two girl child but are satisfied....

Many people tell me that you have a son that's why you keep singing that girls are equally important. Support girls...

I really feel sorry for them not because they don't have a male child, but for their rotten mind and heart who cannot accept that girls are not a curse, they are the God's blessing, a soul who is here in world to spread love.

Movie is conveying a great message for those who are trapped in such relationship...


I am not a critic, this is purely my take on the trailer...looking forward to watch the movie...:)


#women #bestrong #bebrave #showcourage #selfrespect #listentoyourheart #savegirlchild #acceptgirlchild #saynotovoilence #loveyourself





No comments:

Post a Comment